The Responsible AI Institute is seeking a highly motivated AI Policy Analyst. This is a full-time, remote position within the United States or Canada with competitive salary and benefits. Reporting to the Director of Policy, Delivery, and Customer Success, the ideal candidate will have a background in policy or business, strong writing and analytical skills, and an interest in responsible technology. The AI Policy Analyst role is integral to the RAI Institute Policy Team and an important team player in advancing the RAI Institute’s mission.
- Aiding in developing RAI Institute’s certification program; Mapping product standard requirements to laws and frameworks like the EU AI Act, ISO 42001, NIST AI RMF, and sector-specific frameworks. Engaging with subject matter experts; Coordinating working groups; Shepherding the certification program from development to implementation
- Independently leading the development of certification guides that detail the requirements of each assessment question;
- Conducting policy and data research on issues related to responsible AI (e.g. bias, explainability, or the legal or social implications of AI)
- Developing research-informed policies and recommendations for member organizations on topics such as accountability and legal compliance
- Creating AI governance frameworks for member organizations
- Producing written reports (white papers, academic papers, and blog posts) outlining RAI Institute products, developments, or research
- Working with member organizations to schedule, organize, and facilitate assessment workshops and developing reports, policies, and presentations based on assessment workshops.
- Other related responsibilities as required by the organization.
- Record of academic excellence and diligence
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Desire to learn about AI regulations, standards, and certification programs in the United States and internationally
- Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and research
- Interest in real-world impact and in interacting with leaders to achieve tangible change in their organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred, but not required:
- STEM background and/or data science knowledge
- Knowledge of and/or experience with standards development organizations and processes
- Experience with external or internal audits
- Experience researching (in a professional or academic setting) some aspect of policy or law related to AI (e.g. privacy, upcoming AI regulations)
- Experience engaging with stakeholders across both public and private sectors, and across a variety of industries
- Familiarity with recent AI policy developments in the US, EU, Canada, UK, and elsewhere
The AI Policy Analyst role is integral to the RAI Institute Policy Team and an important team player in advancing the RAI Institute’s mission. Please submit your resume and a brief covering e-mail to email@example.com by June 23, 2023.
About the Responsible AI Institute:
The Responsible AI Institute (RAI Institute) is a global and member-driven non-profit dedicated to enabling successful responsible AI efforts in organizations. The RAI Institute’s conformity assessments and certifications for AI systems support practitioners as they navigate the complex landscape of AI products.
The RAI Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The RAI Institute recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The RAI Institute will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics, and we encourage applicants of all ages.
Membership Sales Manager
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Member Sales Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Member Sales Representative, you will play a crucial role in driving our nonprofit's growth and sustainability by attracting new members who share our vision of responsible AI.